Terms of Sale
Terms of Sale:
By purchasing any product from this website the buyer agrees to and certifies the following:
- Buyer is at least 18 years of age
- It is the sole responsibility of the BUYER (not Skeletonkey Systems Inc and/or its employees, officers, board members, or stock holders of its parent) to ascertain and obey all applicable Federal, State, and Local Laws regarding possession and use of items sold herein. Consult your Federal, State, and Local Laws before ordering.
- By placing an order the buyer certifies that the items will be used only in a lawful manner. The buyer is liable and responsible for any loss, damage or expense of any kind, arising from the use or misuse of any item sold herein.
- Skeletonkey Systems Inc and/or its employees, officers, board members, or stock holders of its parent assumes no liability associated with product usage.
- By placing an order the BUYER certifies that Skeletonkey Systems Inc and/or its employees, officers, board members, or stock holders of its parent will be acting in a lawful manner as described under U.S.C. Title 39 Section 3002a (listed below) when mailing “locksmith entry tools” to the buyer, i.e. buyer certifies that he/she/it is one or more of the following: a bona fide member of the locksmithing industry; lock distributor (contractors often fall into this category); bona fide repossessor; motor vehicle dealer; lock manufacturer; or a motor vehicle manufacturer;, law enforcement officer; active duty military; a bona fide fire fighter; a bona fide purchaser for one of the aforementioned; and/or a customer who will have this purchase shipped outside the United States, its possession, or territories.
- Skeletonkey Systems Inc will not deliver any locksmithing device through the mail to a person who does not certify that he/she/it falls into one of theaforementioned categories. Buyers in states that require locksmith licensure certify herein that the tools purchased will be delivered to either a licensed locksmith or that the receiver is exempt from licensing because they are working as an “in house locksmith,” or exempted for other reasons.
- U.S.C. Title 39 Section 3002a
- CITE: 39 USC Sec. 3002a [01/03/2012 (112-90)]
- EXPCITE: TITLE 39 – POSTAL SERVICE
PART IV – MAIL MATTER
CHAPTER 30 – NONMAILABLE MATTER
- HEAD: Sec. 3002a. Nonmailability of locksmithing devices
(a) Any locksmithing device is nonmailable mail, shall not be carried or delivered by mail, and shall be disposed of as the Postal Service directs, unless device is mailed to:
(1) a lock manufacturer or distributor;
(2) a bona fide locksmith;
(3) a bona fide repossessor; or
(4) a motor vehicle manufacturer or dealer.
(b) For the purpose of this section, “locksmithing device” means:
(1) a device or tool (other than a key) designed to manipulate the tumblers in a lock into the unlocked position through the keyway of such lock;
(2) a device or tool (other than a key or a device or tool under paragraph (1)) designed for the unauthorized opening or bypassing of a lock or similar security device; and
(3) a device or tool designed for making an impression of a key or similar security device to duplicate such key or device.
SOURCE: Added Pub. L. 100-690, title VII, Sec. 7090(a), Nov. 18, 1988, 102 Stat. 4409.
- Customer further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Skeletonkey Systems Inc against any liabilities, settlements, and expenses (including without limitation costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees) in connection with any claim or action that arises from an alleged violation of any and all aforementioned directives.